Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bukit Timah


In my opinion, Bukit Timah is a natural rarity in Singapore. Bukit Timah hill is the highest point in the city-state of Singapore and is filled with runners and hikers. I ventured out there the other day to trek (hike) the hill.

Although not too impressive in its beatuy or view, it was a nice workout. Furthermore, I was surprised to see all the active Singaporeans in the area since it appears that sports and going to the gym are not as popular as they are in the US. Not to say that Singaporeans aren't "active,"but there is definitely a lack of interest in athletics, especially compared with sports obsessed America and Gainesville.

The weather here has been a coin toss every day. I guess it keeps things interesting, but also really confusing. Cause it'll be beautiful one day and then a pourdown will ensue once you begin to think, "hey it's actually nice right now." It was really nice around 5pm yesterday afternoon. When the sun isn't too strong and there's a bit of a breeze, the humidity doesn't seem as stifling and then I get to sit back and appreciate the vast blue sky that you can see for miles beause of the flat lay out of Singapore. Yes, you'll see the HDB flats intruding on your view, but the tropical climate on this side of the world is nice, even though there is a gross amount of humidity.