Thursday, November 20, 2008

Singapore West and E-club

I think at every single Rotary presentation I have given in Singapore someone has asked me "who did you vote for?"Even after the election, the resonating effects of such a huge campaign, election, and new president elect has people wondering what will happen next.

RC of Singapore West is one of the oldest clubs in Singapore which I visited last week. Interestingly, I presented at the Rotary e-club this week which is an online Rotary club that only meets once a month and is recently new, chartered only 4 years ago. Rotarians also had their district conference in Brunei this past weekend which I couldn't attend.

There are lots of opportunities coming up to volunteer with Rotary. The only thing is that it takes lots of time, and between classes and traveling and other volunteering I'm already obligated to it's hard to find things that coincide perfectly with my schedule. Nonetheless, the opportunities are still there and that keeps me looking forward to even more presentations and meeting more people.